The Mont-Vully Caves
The Lamberta caves are man-made tunnels excavated in sandstone.
The galeries extend for 200 meters. Originally made during the First World War as a fortification for the infantry with positions for machine-guns, it formed part of the system of defense for the Swiss central plateau. The work to create the position was carried out between 1915 and 1917 in order to defend the line of Lake Murten.
Nowadays these caves are the joy of both children and the young in heart for parties of hide-and-seek.